The CMCC treats inflammatory diseases of the scalp, which are often chronic diseases and whose most severe forms can cause scarring alopecia.
Here’s are some of the diseases treated by CMCC dermatologists::
- seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp
- scalp psoriasis
- frontal fibrosis alopecia
- lichen planus pilaris
- discoid lupus erythematosus
The treatment protocol for an inflammatory disease of the scalp is always the same:
- During the consultation, the dermatologist performs a clinical examination of the patient’s scalp. If needed, he may ask for an additional biological examination, usually a scalp biopsy. This thorough examination will allow him to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Depending on the diagnosis, he will recommend a treatment designed either to cure the pathology or to slow down its progress.
- Depending on the case, he will recommend a follow-up consultation a few weeks after the first one.