What is telogenic effluvium without thinning in men?
What causes telogenic effluvium in men?
- the arrival of spring or autumn ;
- a significant weight variation (both gain and loss) ;
- a sudden emotional shock (accident, grief, divorce);
- an intense stress episode;
- general anesthesia;
- or a significant health problem, such as an infectious disease with high fever.
It is quite common for hair loss not to occur immediately after the triggering factor. As in women, the effects of telogen effluvium appear two to four months later.
How to identify telogen effluvium without thinning in men?
How to distinguish telogen effluvium without thinning from other forms of alopecia?
What to do in case of telogen hair loss?
- perform a medical check-up to confirm the diagnosis of telogen effluvium and determine what was the triggering factor (health or other problem) ;
- and initiate appropriate treatment to normalize the hair loss or stimulate hair growth.
The doctor can prescribe several types of care or treatment according to the medical check-up:
- Vitamins that promote the production of keratin, like biotin and bepanthene;
- anti-hair loss treatments;
- Minoxidil treatment to extend the length of the hair cycle and improve blood circulation in the scalp;
- Mesotherapy to provide vitamins to the scalp;
- or microneedling sessions to revascularize the capillary dermis and stimulate the activity of the hair follicles.
What if the hair loss lasts more than three months?
Two reasons could explain this:
- The actual cause of the telogen effluvium has not been established and the doctor will have to identify it in order to determine a treatment or several treatments and stop the pathological effects on the hair.
- Telogen hair loss involves an androgenetic process. In this case, it is also necessary to act on this process to slow down its effects on the hair.
- If nothing is done, telogen effluvium will result in accelerated hair loss and the progression of baldness. Moreover, grafts are not recommended for this type of condition.